- PHP 5.1.6+, 5.3+ recommended (Why?)
- CodeIgniter 2.0+ (BitAuth was built on Reactor, when that was a thing)
- Phpass: BitAuth uses phpass to handle password hashing
- Password complexity rules: Along with minimum and maximum length, specify the required number of:
- Uppercase Characters
- Special Characters
- ... Or, add your own
- Password aging: Require your users to change their passwords at a set interval
- Completely custom userdata: Easily customize BitAuth to include any custom you want. Full name, Nickname, Phone number, Favorite color... You name it!
- Groups and Roles: Create groups, and assign users to your groups. Your roles are set on a group, not a user, so changing roles, whether the scale is large or small, is fast and painless.
- Text-based roles: Simply list your roles in the configuration file, then check against them in your code. BitAuth handles everything in between.
BitAuth is available on GitHub at http://www.github.com/danmontgomery/codeigniter-bitauth.